Church of St. Michael Archangel
The Romanesque Church of St. Michael Archangel stands on a rocky hill in the town borough of Dražovce, and represents a significant scenic feature. The one-nave church built of stone and mixed brickwork has a rectangular shape with a semicircular shrine in the east and brick pyramid-shaped tower in the west. In the western part of the nave a brick tribune chancel stands. The original uncovered church dates back to around the latter half of the 11th century, however, it is probably even older. Construction of the present building started on the completely destroyed original edifice and goes back to the turn of the 11th and 12th centuries. Building adaptations in the 12th century resulted in the Romanesque features. The nave was extended and the shrine ground plan was changed to semicircular. Furthermore, the nave walls were completed and the shrine vault was given a new conch. At the beginning of the 13th century, a chancel was built and a tower erected. The following periods brought only minor alterations to the church: interior decorated with late Gothic pattern painting (15th and 16th centuries), new porch built (1780s), chancel modifications and construction of a new alter which no longer exists. In the first half of the 20th century, both the church roof timbers and roof were replaced, and in the second half of that century, the plasters and surface underwent the same alterations. In 1993 – 1999, the church underwent reconstruction stressing its Romanesque character presenting the valuable architectonic and artistic elements.
The Romanesque semicircular windows, lighting the nave and stone hip reinforcements, a portal dating back to the end of the 18th century with the remains of the original Romanesque portal and two copies of stone inscriptive boards relating to the church adaptations in 1780 and 1829 form valuable architectonic front details. (The originals of the boards are stored in a Dražovce presbytery). Within the interior, there are the restored remains of the Romanesque plasters and a late Gothic pattern painting in grey-black and red in a geometric diamond-shaped motif. A brick altar from 1999 is the only church furniture.